Sunday, November 11, 2007

New Parking Garage Elevators Out Of Action Again



Anyone who needed to use the elevators in the new parking garage either for convenience or necessity Sunday were out of luck. This isn't the first time I've noticed this condition. The last time I went to use them they were turned off also.

Personally, I parked on the top level and was only inconvenienced by having to take the stairs to the top level, but anyone in a wheelchair or with any other type of medical necessity wasn't able to. After I shot a couple of photos for this blog I went over to the Red River Theaters to see if the manager was aware of the situation. As she hurriedly came to speak with me she was obviously already on top of the situation and was in a rush to deal with it.

Now I don't know the reason for them being turned off this time. I would hope that there aren't maintenance issues already, they were just installed! I do know that along with some of the other issues I've read about in the Monitor having to do with the layout of the parking pay stations, the new theaters are already swimming upstream to gain some traction with patrons.
The theaters now need a nice comfortable restaurant in the ground floor space next door as soon as possible. What they don't need are elevators that are shut down and other problems that should have been foreseen in the design and planning process.

On a brighter note, there were lots of folks coming and going in the lobby of the theater and nice friendly employees to help them, and of course the wonderful smell of popcorn.

I'll be speaking to the parking people this week to ask a few questions and will posts back with the results. In the mean time go see a movie! Here's a couple of links to the S.N.O.B (Somewhat North of Boston) Film Festival including their MySpace page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed but need to be on-topic and civil.